Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Taylor Swift and Time

So for a couple of reasons I've been listening to Taylor Swift's music a lot over the past few days. I love how she sings about her life so honestly. You can take whatever position on her and her music that you'd like to, and I'm not saying I'm her number one fan or anything. What I am saying...back to that. Every time I listen to her music it makes me want to write my own--about my own life, my own friends, my own feelings. And so I did :)
It's nothing stellar, and I doubt it will ever make it past my song/poems lyric book, but it helped me nonetheless. Writing and music are two therapeutic things, so why not combine them? I love it :D Even if no one will ever hear any of my songs or read any of my poems, they help me transform my thoughts into something akin to art, and provide for tons of entertainment and reflection when I read them later on down the road.

Anywho, unfortunately now is not an opportune time to be nostalgic and artsy, with the end of the semester--along with my dreaded five finals--rapidly approaching. In about 10 days, I'll be two hours from here, adjusting to living at home for the summer. Weird. Exciting and happy and weird.

Of course as the semester ends I begin to look back not only on this semester but also on my whole first year as a freshman in college. What an incredible journey it has been! But I promised myself I'd wait to write my "looking back" post until after finals, so I'll stick to that. I plan to write extensively on the subject in a couple of weeks. :)

So... take away message for you, reader? I suppose it would be one of two things: 1) Be inspired by others. Even if what you create is nothing to display, it might help you to make sense of what you're thinking and feeling. 2) Make time to look back. It can be so encouraging to see how far you've come, what God has done in your life, and what you've learned (whether through easy or difficult circumstances, it will still be valuable). :)
And now back to studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment