I probably won't usually post twice in one day, but I feel the need to detox a bit before I begin cramming for exam at 9 AM tomorrow.
Tonight I got the privilege, once again, to babysit for my pastor and his wife's small group. The kids are adorable, and although I'm always exhausted by the end of the night, I love doing it. Each time I get to spend a few hours surrounded by a bunch of rambunctious little people and whichever one of my friends has volunteered him or herself as tribute that night ;)
These "little people" show me so much about life. They are still learning and growing in so many ways, but they also have a real handle on a few things that matter most. Like paying attention to people who mean a lot to you... one of the little boys in the group often begins his sentences with "Hey, I've gotta tell you something..." to make sure that you're paying attention. When I first met him he couldn't muster up a wave, but now he will talk my ear off. His brother, almost equally shy at the beginning, fought with him tonight to see who could talk over the other and command my attention. They were both so thrilled to inform me all about the ninja leggo universe, but what they were even more thrilled about was that they had me as a captive audience.
So many lessons about life come from spending time with these little guys. :)
I adore children. Some day, I can't wait to love my own. I'm glad that day isn't quite here yet, as I still have much learning to do myself, but I look forward to it. Maybe not six, haha.
Alas, time to get to studying. More thoughts to come at a later date.
No comments:
Post a Comment